The further up the price scale you can go without breaking into the kid's college fund the better off you will usually be. Waders near the top of the line from Cabelas, Hodman, Cabela's, Orvis, or whomever will usually outlast their entry level offerings. The more expensive models usually fit better, have extra materials at the knees and butt and more perks such as belt loops, inside pockets, etc.
Eventually, all waders will spring leaks. My first pair of waders more nearly fifty years ago, those hold Hodgman Wadewells, had so may bicycle tube patches on them by the time I pitched them that they were more patch than waders.
My first Simms waders lasted about 8 years under heavy duty fishing more than 100 days per year before they gave up the ghost.
I now have a pair of Orivs Pro Guides which have proven to be very tough and comfortable. I also have a pair of Hodgman breathables with the insulated bootfoot which have gone through three winters of steelheading in Washington and Canada without a problem.
Fit is critical in breathable waders. You need a lot of slack in the legs as they do not stretch. Bending, or stepping over logs will overstress crotch seams if the leg isn't long enough. So, don't buy them to fit like a nice pair of chinos. Most early leaks are caused by stressing the seams. Leaks that occur after years of loyal use are just signs that you've worn the waders hard and probably have gotten your money's worth.
Good Fishing,
Les Johnson