....I have no idea what to ask for it. The rod was made by Andrew Manchester. It is a purpose built short rod from it's own blank not a two piece banty from the mid and tip of another rod. Nickle/silver ferrules, quality guides, hook keeper and gold plated down locking sliding reel seat. Wraps are a beautiful lavender and the reel seat is cork hand made from cork. This is a nice casting 5wt that is perfect for the brush chocked or smaller creeks where casting is a challenge due to overhead cover. However I have found this rod to be right at home along the close banks of still waters as well.

I am the only owner, other than Andy. It has been gently treated but fished to be sure. Rod has a crisp medium to medium-fast action. I have caught rainbows in the 15-20 inch range and large mouth bass from 15-22 inches on this thing with no problems. It is a deceptively strong rod especially given it's size. You can cast this thing all day long without fatigue. Even with my poor casting skills casts of 50+ feet are easy to reach. Here are some pictures:

I am selling the rod for several reasons. I am no longer able to fly fish as I liked doing due to my bad back. Help is on the way for that but it si going to cost me a bit of money so I need to raise some funds. Things are really getting tight for us with the health issues and buying heating fuel. Also, to be quite frank, I have lost most of the passion for our sport. This rod deserves to be fished not just put up in a rack. I will put it on ebay if needs be but I would rather sell it to someone here on this board. Problem for me is I know what I paid for it but I don't knwo what is a fair price to ask for it. Andrew is still making fine rods and he may be able to answer any questions on it.

What do you all think is a fair price? What would you ask for it?