+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem accessing Bulletin Board late today Wed. 10-05

Hybrid View

Default Problem accessing Bulletin Board late today Wed. 10-05

Tried to sign on to Bulletin Board several times and received pop up message that I wasn't signed on. Hope that this isn't a new requirement. Then tried to sign on and received another pop-up saying I wasn't recognized etc. and it wouldn't let me on. Finally clicked on "Forum" and got on through that way. Saw message about bringing new servers online today and should I assume that's part of the problem?

Grn Mt man

Blog Entries

Let's hope so
    it's 9:11 Pacific time and I just made the last major edit to make this functional.
    We have moved to a server that can be expanded in power as needed, and as we grow we can add redundancy.
    We have also updated to the latest and greatest BB software.
    That last one means a lot of files changed.
    I *HOPE* I got them all as we had several minor modifications that got blown away.. FUN!!

I'll check back every night for a while and clean up any oddities. I'm expecting a few. You can only test so much until it goes live.

Ron,

I see the # of each reply in a forum has gone South.
    From what I am finding, nothing else, yet

Denny
    Denny

Went to the Whats New section (which is where I always go) and went through the first 20 of 22 listed. However there was no way to click to the second page to read the final two threads. Also noted that furled leaders is no longer listed as its own forum topic.

Went back to the BB after posting this and saw the topics were back up but I couldn't get into any of them, it's back up like normal but the What's New section only had six posts so I don't know if I can still get past the first 20 posts.
    Last edited by turvy; 10-06-2011 at 05:12 PM.

I got here with windows but google crome is asking me to sign up for something I don't recognize when I try to reach FAOL. I'm too ignorant to understand what's going on. Is the problem on Googles's end or here? Edited to add that it's Blue Host they want me to sign in to.
    Last edited by rainbowchaser; 10-06-2011 at 10:41 PM.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Blog Entries

RainbowChaser..
    You should be fine in time.
    I use Chrome as my go to browser too.

Websites are found by typing in their URL (http://www.flyanglersonline.com)
    We were housed in an inexpensive shared environment at bluehost for this year. It was a quick solution when our rented hardware developed problems last December.

Now that people are trading their poles for mice we find that bluehost can't handle our load. We have been looking all summer to find somewhere appropriate, and decided to go with dotblock.

Since we moved our physical location from one Internet address to another, when someone types in our URL (http://www.flyanglersonline.com) it gets the Internet address looked up. (kind of like looking up a phone number for John Doe).

It takes time for everyone to update the new address for FAOL. Bluehost login indicates you were hitting the old server. Since you found your way here now it means that the address has been updated at your ISP finally.

Clear as mud? In short. It took a little while but you are here now!

+ Reply to Thread