Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
Really though comparing Northern N.M. to our are is like comparing apples to oranges. When you live in the east

That last remark you typed is really out of line. If you want to be a smart@#$ take some advice and do not try it with me. The couple that was killed deserves more respect from you than that too.
I wasn't trying to offend by any means.

I was just trying to throw out some comparisons about bear attack incidents. We do have a lot of black bear where I frequent and we have our fair share of bear attacks every year. I have also lived in the east for quite a while. I live in North Carolina for 11 years and I know how human encroachment in bear territory can lead to lots of encounters. This is something I was always aware of deer hunting in the farmlands of NC near the towns of Little Washington and Plymouth.

I want you, and everyone else, to know that nothing I said intended to disrespect what happened to this couple (and I do not think I did). If anything I was defending their actions with their dog as not being a lapse of judgement.

But I will apologize to you if you took offense to what I posted. If I offended you with my post this is the best I can offer. You posted a critique of their actions and I responded with my opinion and an example of what happened in my state as a reminder that bear attacks can happen for many reasons. They are unpredictable animals and if we all had to adjust our activities to avoid a potential bear attack then none of us would be venturing out in bear country.

This seems like it is turning into a dog leash law argument that probably did not apply to where these people live, on their property. If my assumption is wrong in this case then let me know and I will gladly retract my critique.

So let's have a virtual handshake and all is good...