+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Side Effects of Cholesterol Lowering Statin Drugs

Quote Originally Posted by sandfly View Post
    I eat good, take statins and my tri-gycerides are still over 1100, good cholesterol is around 200...been fighting it for 10 years +...Hereditary in my case. 2 fish oil a day, all I want to do is swim up stream and spawn anymore..
    Damn, I'm getting me some of that there fish oil!
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

I have been on statins for probably 10 years now with no problems. Started on Lipitor and am now on Crestor-40mg. Never a problem with any of them. Hereditary thing with heart problems. Father died at 64-way before any of the surgeries that are now done. And me, also at 64, almost to the month as my father, I had heart problems. Ended up with 6 bypasses. That was eight years ago and I have never looked back. Good cardiologist, good hospital. And my cardiologist is my fishing buddy. I'm good to go for another 64 years. LOL
    Last edited by Old #art; 10-06-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post
    Don't want to **** anyone off, but maybe you should consider eating healthier (in lieu of the fatty foods you're always posting)?

Jist sayin'.
    For people with familial hypercholesterolaemia it does not matter what we eat - I can create cholesterol out of lettuce and tomatoes with no dressing. While I agree that this country over prescribes medication, some people like me can't live without them regardless of exercies or diet. My cholesterol was 490. Now it's 130. That is not a misprint - 490. Most men in my family don't see 60. Hopefully that changes with me.
    ~Lost Time is Never Found Again~

Quote Originally Posted by sandfly View Post
    all I want to do is swim up stream and spawn anymore..
    That's hilarious!
    ~Lost Time is Never Found Again~

The best thing you can do for your health is get born in the right gene pool. My best friend is a little skinny guy, always has been, watches his diet, probably doesn't have red meat more than twice a year, doesn't remember what sharp cheddar taste like, exercise 5 or 6 days a week, but still takes Lipitor.

My blood pressure was borderline high when I weighted 180 lbs and ran 20+miles per week. I have always been "plump" 9 lb. 10 oz. baby, but one grand dad lived to 84, I blame a doctor who used old technology with when they removed cataracts from his eyes and limited his vision restricting his activity for him not living longer; the other to 91 and died with pneumona. Both ate eggs and ham or bacon at every opportunity, of course they did physical labor for many years.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread