A couple weeks ago we went out on what will probably be the last camping trip of the year. My 11 year old daughter has been watching "Flyrod Chronicles", "Seasons on the Fly", "On the Rise" with me lately, and had told me she wanted to learn to tie flies. When I wandered back into camp after a morning of fishing she finally asked "Daddy I want to learn to fly fish". So after a down, and dirty casting lesson we hit the creek. As we walked the 20 feet to the creek she dons my vest. After a rough, but serviceable cast she gets a good drift with an Elk Hair Caddis. Damned if a trout didn't take it, she set the hook because it startled her, and she screams. She then drops the rod, keeping hold of the fly line. She then starts take my vest off (HUH?). I look at her after picking my rod up, and ask "Poot what are you doing?". She looks at me with an earnest look on her face, begins hand over handing the fly line, and yells "STRIP THE LINE, STRIP THE LINE". In short order she lands a 15" rainbow. Unfortunately the fish escaped the photo. Breathless she tells me "That was awesome". Then we had a big laugh about her meltdown. Next morning, on a quick trip to the creek before leaving, she catches an 8", and a 10" rainbow nymphing. I could not believe it, it took me forever to catch a fish nymphing and she does it her second trip out. She looks at me and says "I caught 33 inches of fish this weekend". She has since taken over my fly tying gear, and claimed it as hers. Informed her mother the extra bedroom is now the fly tying/rod building room, and is laying out the blueprints for the rods, emphasis on the plural, I apparently will be building for her over the winter. All in all I'm pretty happy about it. Now to get Mom addicted.