+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sucessful rod rebuild

Default sucessful rod rebuild

i had a family heirloom recently restored by a rod builder in washington im very pleased to say the least his prompt service and freindly manner was a joy to deal with i am so very pleased with the results that i thought i should share the story and a picture of the results thanks agian dennis. this is the first fish after the rebuild caught on a olive scud at cavan lake alberta s.e. of medicine hat . the rod performed better than when it went for restoration .
    IMG_6855.jpg
    http://www.stonerodco.com/
    oct 1.jpg

mwatts,

Very nice fish and beautiful rod! You should be proud and the rod builder should be proud that you posted this. This tells a lot about customer service and a lot of people fail to thank someone for doing a great job.

Job well done by you and the rod builder....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

So, tell us more about the rod.
    Length, line weight, etc.
    It appears to be a Heddon? Maybe a late model Black Beauty?

Sweet looking rod. Do you know the butt ferrule size?
    Last edited by bobbyg; 10-02-2011 at 10:16 PM.
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

this was my uncles rod for years i got it in 75 then used it a couple times then school got in the way so it was retired to the closet recently came across it and with a few guides missing and the cork almost black it was time for a rebuild .sent out a couple emails to various rod builders and was recomended to denis at the afor mentioned builder .a few emails and shippin the rod awayand in a little while i had this work of art back and it performed better than i remembered . the writing on the rod is as follows
    bill stanleys favorite # 20-9'-2 1/2F HCHorD Heddon

the rod bag and the rod tube also bought at dennis' s web page
    Attachment 9110 Attachment 9107 Attachment 9109 Attachment 9108

Your first fish on your refinished rod perfectly depicts Heddon's designated action for that rod......Bass/Heavy Trout.
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

+ Reply to Thread