Thread: Steelhead Swap

Threaded View

ridge,

I fully understand your annoyance, especially with someone who responds as the one you describe. Of course things happen that may cause someone to drop out. That's when immediate comunication is vital. But for someone to express such a cavalier attitude is sickening. It's like, 'Yeah, I gave my word to participate and get my flies in on time. But I didn't. What's the big deal? We're only swapping flies. Get over it.' Isn't it too bad that the only way to 'rate' swappers is for each swapmeister to keep track within their swaps. Then, if they see a poorly rated swapper signing up for a swap, warn the swapmeister of that new swap.
    Anyway, I too have been in over 3 dozen swaps here and elsewhere. Aside from knowing the swappers, keeping good communication going, setting realistic dates, and sticking by the rules are the things that have to be done for a successful swap. Oh, and yes, I too think that the cost of postage may be effecting swapper participation.

Bill, The only reason I picked a 'steelhead' swap was because of the time of the year and I thought it might be a good theme. Personally, I have yet to catch a steelhead. Maybe this year if I go up north to one of the tribs of Lake Ontario. For now though, I'll pass on an individual swap. Maybe some other time.

Allan
    Last edited by Allan; 10-13-2011 at 06:38 PM.