I'm of an age where I'm knocking on that particualar door. My wheels and balance make it scary to get out in the water, especially alone. The effort to do what it takes to just get out there is now balanced by the question: Is it worth it? The fishing fire in my belly has been banked, and only occasionally flares into flame. My wife is disabled, and needs me to be around most of the time, so the flames don't get fanned as often. I can empathize with some of the feelings that Deanna is going through, but of course everyone is different, and these changes affect us differently. It's my bet that the physical limitations that keep her from the enjoyment of fishing won't keep her from other closely related pursuits. (Getting out into the outdoors, watching the birds, appreciating the wildflowers and waterfalls, and perhaps writing about some of the related things that bring her enjoyment) Eyes and ears that can perceive the beauty of the world around us can still convey pleasure and contentment. It take some adjustments, but I know she'll make them. She has a wealth of knowlege that she can share, and that of its self can bring spice to life. Just because you can't fish doesn't mean "it's over". Help her to see that Neal.