I'll be fishing with the guys at The Hook Up, a fly shop in Ketchikan. I stopped by there for a few hours while on an Alaska Cruse. Walked off the ship and down the pier to the shop. They fixed me up with a licence and some waders. We drove to a small stream just out of town where I hooked Pinks for the next 2 hours. It was fantastic.

I had fished the lodges is SE Alaska for years, but always from a boat... never fly fishing. I had to go back. This August we'll be staying at a B&B for 7 days and fishing at a different spot each day. I ask them to supply all the flys because they will know what works. Although I'm going to try a few of my tropical favorites too.

I fish salt water and the peacock bass here in Hawaii so the "cold water" flys are all new to me. From what I've seen, seems like anything will catch fish in Alaska. LOL

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. I hope to have a good fishing report for you all after the trip.
I told my son and my brother if they could learn to fly fish I would take them along.... so now it's time to pay up. I'll probably spend more time taking pictures, eating blue berries, and watching them do all the "work". <grin>

Thanks again,
Stan