after reading all the coments that everyone left on the question i asked (why arnt the fish bitting??) i decided to go back down today, and try again. After catching a couple small ones on drys, i decided to fish a chernobal ant as a strike indicater, and a bh flash back pheasent tail nymph. after a couple of smaller hits, by brother starts jumping around and yelling, "Josh Josh look at that fish" im used to seeing 12 inch and smaller, but i look over and see a 20+ inch trout right next to me. I just about s#*! myself. so i started casting up, being carful not to spook him, and didnt get a look, but my brother was using a lure, and he looked at it, so that was the start. We spooked him, and he swam off. i casted back out and was looking around for this trout, but didnt see him. i look back at my chernobal ant, and it was under water so i set my hook, and sure enough i had him on. he started to head for the rapids, so i tryed to keep him just a little bit tighter, but unforchantly, he snaped my 6 ib tess. i was so angry, but the i relized if i cought them all the time, fly fishing wouldnt be as fun and challenging as it is. so all in all, it was a good day, because the fish were bitting after all.