Today I headed down to "the bridge" to do some bait fishing for carp. I like to use corn with my fly rod because it is easy to detect really lite bites with my bright white line. So I hooked up with 10 pounder early on and landed it. Then, I went under the bridge, saw bubbles and cast. A second later, the line takes off. And it didnt stop taking off. Problem is, It aint attached to the rest of my line anymore! So Im steaming, watching these carp feed and not havign anymore mono to use as a leader. I looked in my tackle box and found a literally 6 inch peice of old 8 pound test mono. So I attach it to the fly line and the hook. By the time i cut the tag ends, it was a one inch leader. My confidence level was zero, but i cast in and the line started moving! I had a 5 pounder! Now carp are far from stupid, but in such a river even a person might confuse the line with a peice of trash. Moral of the story: always bring spare leader material. Here is a picture of the fish I caught while on a bridge.