+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has anyone heard from fishdog54 Dave S. recently?

Hybrid View

Default Has anyone heard from fishdog54 Dave S. recently?

I am very worried that he did not make it through the flood unscathed. This is very near his home I think: http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/new...-ruins-a-1.asp Dave if you are out there please let us know how you are doing. That goes for all of our members affected by that last flood.
    Last edited by Nighthawk; 09-15-2011 at 11:47 PM.

I sent him a PM a while back, I just seen this thread. Have you got any news NightHawk?
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Not a word. That really bothers me.

I heard from him - barely! Howdy Nighthawk - I was not directly affected by the flooding - did have some roof-leaking. Some of my family live in the lower lying areas and had basement flooding - what a mess! How did you fare? I don't seem to have the time lately to get on the FAOL site! I seem to be running around like a chicken with my head cut off - but not getting anywhere - like they say - when your busy making plans, life happens! Oh well! I do appreciate your concern - thank you!

Best regards, Dave S.

Dave,
    Glad you are Okay! Next time you scare me like that I am going to launch a missile up your way to find you! L.o.L.

We got about half a foot in the basement but that was from the thunderstorms that came through on the last night of the storm so that was "clean" water (no sewage in it). The landlord's son had unhooked the sump pump and plugged the drain otherwise we would have had a basement full of river water contaminated with sewage. Rain water came in through our cellar storm doors. We have dirt floor in the basement so things got a little muddy but no permanent damage. We were fortunate.

Neighbors had a couple of feet of river water in their basement and the folks down the street got flooded up to the second floor. My friend in Lebanon lives 300 feet from Swatara Creek but still got about 4 feet or water in his cellar. Since he is outside the flood plain he can't get flood insurance so now he is trying to get help from PEMA and FEMA. His car, motorcycle and minivan got flooded too though not bad enough to do permanent damage.

It could have been much worse and in some communities up your way it was. I am really relieved that you are unharmed!

It is great to here you are all okay!! I have told my wife to slap me if I ever complain about the Western Wyo. wind or rain or snow!! The wind does NOT spin in real tight circles, the water does NOT puddle up much at all what water we do get. The snow may stack up a bit, but the 4 wheeler has a plow, and if need be, the truck has tire chains!!

Take care of yourselves and BE AS SAFE AS POSSIBLE!!
    Wyo-Blizzard

+ Reply to Thread