+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roy Christie Reverse Parachute

Default Roy Christie Reverse Parachute

Has anyone else read about Roy Christies reverse parachute fly? I felt like the last person to know once I started looking around and found so much information about it and watched his video. Very innovative technique to say the least. How he uses the mono loop to wind and then secure the hackle was so simple but genius. I havent tried tying one yet but look forward to giving it a shot.

Texfly,

I've been using that technique since I got some of Roy's flies in a swap. Very innovative and effective. Make sure you drop the tag end of the mono loop between the vise jaws. Makes pulling the loop tight so much easier and the direction is correct.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

I must have missed that detail in his video. Can you explain a little further Ron? Thanks

texfly - did you miss the various Fly of the Week Roy has done for FAOL over the years? Type in Roy Christie on the SEARCH on the front/main page of FAOL....step by step instructions!

Blog Entries

You might try doing a little research at this site: http://ukflydressing.proboards.com/index.cgi?
    That should keep you happily enthralled for a few hours, if you haven't been there before.

Ed

Thanks for the info guys. I really feel silly that I didnt see the flies of the week that Roy had done. Very cool. I also now see what you are talking about Ron. Thanks guys.

Lady Flyfisher,
    Please enlighten me. I go to the FOTW and type in Roy Christie in the SEARCH and then what? Do
    I have to search throught the years until I find Roy's stuff? I'm sure it's simple, but so am I. I
    don't get what you click after putting words in SEARCH.
    Thanks,
    Dum and dummer

Dum and dummer,

To find Roy's flies quickly on the FOTW page use the Edit feature (assume you are using MS Explorer) and select Find on this page and Type Roy Christie into the dialog box and select Next. This will make finding what you are looking for quicker than going through the entire page eyeballing what it is you are looking for.

Hope this helps.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

The issue I find with the search feature on the main page is that you may have to wade through a lot of info to find what you want. I find asking for help on the bb is much easier to narrow down my search and in most cases I am given the direct link to the page or pages I seek.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I guess it's the "Avon Special", although I don't know why it would attract any more fish than other dry flies, but who knows?
    Last edited by lastchance; 09-15-2011 at 12:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread