... today.

No - that's not it.

One of the really nice things about these leaders is how you can add indicators and keep them positioned where you want them on the leader by using a simple overhand knot through whatever loop you have on the indicator. Changing the position is as simple as loosening the knot and working the indicator(s) up or down the leader.

Today I was curious if I could use two of the smaller size thingamabobbers rather than one larger one to get a bit more visibility and floatation than is possible with just one of the small ones, especially with larger nymphs or tandems of smaller ones. So I used one overhand knot through the loops of two small "bobbers". It worked quite nicely, with one pink and one white giving great floatation and better visibility in tough water and light conditions than either of them would have provided by itself.

Another advantage would be the ease adding or removing one of the smaller "bobbers" depending on the flies used and conditions encountered. Simply undo the overhand knot, add or remove one of the bobbers, and retie the knot.

John