... fishing the 3X version off a Sage Fli 9' for 7 wt lined with a Rio Selective Trout II WF7F. The weather didn't cooperate, just cold and rainy, not windy.

Used 3X mono tippet to fish a CFC October Caddis ( approx size 8 ) and then the OC with 3X mono to a San Juan worm as a dropper. The Extreme tippet furled leader handled both these quite nicely. The San Juan worm took the biggest cutt of the day - pushing 18". The OC took a very nice fish late in the afternoon when it finally warmed up a bit and the fish started coming up.

At the other extreme, I extended the 3X mono with a short piece of 4X mono and fished a couple size 16 caddis patterns. Both floated well and maintained a good drift on some fairly soft water with a very steady current. On some rougher water, the deer hair version of the Harrop's Henry's Fork Caddis held a very good drift when fished to a cutt that had been rising regularly - and got him.

Overall, I'm really pleased with how these furled leaders perform. The Extreme tippet is pricey, but my guess is that these leaders will last almost forever, and over the long term, might prove less expensive than leaders made with much less expensive material. If you can get some on sale, I think you will be pleased with your investment.

John