+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JO'S FLIES - Just Old Flies - September 12, 2011

Blog Entries

Default JO'S FLIES - Just Old Flies - September 12, 2011

JO'S FLIES

From 1945 to 1992 Josephine Sedlecky-Borsum was the proprietor of Ed's Sport Shop in Baldwin, Michigan. In her 47 year rein as a shop owner and fly tier she tied hundreds of thousands of flies. Most of her customers were local but she did have regular customers from all across the country and even from Europe.

Default Hoorah!!!!!

Just Old Flies and stuff..... is back up and running again.

Even though "JOF" is in the FAOL's "Features" Section, there are tons of fly patterns in "JOF" archives., most of which now have a home in a new folder on the FAOL Fly Pattern CD.

Just completed the "Hemlock Headwaters" archive articles. I really recommend this series for some good reading during the long winter months....

Got an old fly pattern write up the story behind the fly pattern and send that is with a photo of the fly pattern, and the material list to FAOL.....

I get the time to get back to my pet project, I hope to submit my "Gold Rib Hares Ear-Dry" to FAOL for publication. I have been busy with the archive work and shortly will have to put the archives aside, as I get set for the 2012 "Beginner's Only Fly Swaps"! ~Parnelli
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

+ Reply to Thread