Just the feathers, no flies yet...

My son brought this to me a couple days ago and it is skinned, washed, fluffed, and drying. It is a common, legal game bird...

I really like these upper wing coverts with the distinctive markings that scream "shoulder" on an Atlantic salmon fly...

Slightly different view of th same feathers:

The white-edged grizzly axillary is so nice it is a shame there are so few of them on a bird:

Well, it is a thread on soft hackles supposedly, so there should be some, right? Flanks are grizzly and perhaps as large as #12, but mostly smaller:

The tail feathers have some neat "eyes" that do not show well in the photos, but would make neat one-off display flies. The rump gets into a soft reddish buff color with some faint barring... Outstanding soft hackle stuff that probably goes to #14 or smaller on the large side.

The neck has lots of faintly marked soft hackles that will go as small as anyone wants to tie...

Left the bird name out just for those that may want to guess at what it is for a bit... The last photo is likely the giveaway for the unsure...
art