Hey Guys,

I can empathize with the comments like those of 'Rick Z', 'DG', 'Mr Blur' and 'branhap' who said, "I have countless frogs, novelty flies, and bass streamers that I rarely get a chance to use". One reason I got turned off of swaps was that some participants felt they had to be unique so they tyed a fly that was their own creation. I got so many of those type of flies and they have never seen the light of day much less any water. Of course there are new patterns that are fantastic. However, there are reasons why some flies are 'timeless' and used by a majority of fly fishers. Now I mean within catagories like: a)dries, wets, nymphs, streamers for trout; warmwater bugs; saltwater; etc. Unique and creative flies have their place - preferably on a website FOTW or similar, in someones display case or maybe even in the originators flybox. I just don't think they belong in swaps unless the theme is tye your own 'Original Fly Pattern'. That's just my humble opinion.

Anyway, I hope you guys reconsider your self imposed refrain from swaps. I've seen most of your work and swapped with many of you. (Check my username from years ago. Maybe you have some of my flies?) You're too good to sit on the sideline, so-to-speak. Well, when the cooler weather hits and you dust off your tying benches and get back into the mood I hope you all get involved in a swap or two.

Just my thoughts.

Allan (tyeflies)