+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What has happened to the swaps?

There is also the possibility that most are hanging on to their fly tying hackle, instead of using it for swaps, for their own personal use flies since the beauty shops and those who are trying to "get rich quick" by buying up all the hackle thay can to sell for "big bucks" to the beauty salons. It is a crying shame how many vendors' Web sites state: "Sold out at this time until new inventory is received". I understand that the beauty shops are now trying to purchase our "flash-a-bou" and tinsel to put in the hair with the hackle. Fortunately, from what I have been told, our flash and tinsel will not withstand the 400 degree + heat that the salons need to use curling irons on it. Pray this fad dies soon......
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Blog Entries

I was into it pretty heavy for quite a while. I got out of it for a couple of reasons. First, drop outs and late tyers were getting to be a chronic problem. So I tightened up the rules on deadlines and was declared a nazi. Gotta love bulletin boards sometimes!

Secondly, I have more flies that I'll ever fish with. I've given away at least half and still have thousands. Here's some of my storage flies. It is about half of what I have in reserve. It is a gallon ziplock filled to bulging. Friends and new fly fishermen usually leave well stocked.
    Last edited by ol' blue; 09-10-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

+ Reply to Thread