Okay I finally have the first ones done. The FW-G has a cruddy head, so I am not posting it. The G stands for Gadwall. I am gonna have to do another one for a better picture. I have posted one to my Photobucket though. Here are a few, comments welcome about the different wings.

Gadwall feather FW-G

Pintail feather FW-P

Below is my favorite...the Kelly's Cajun FW-LWD (lemon wood duck) I have three different views here for this one.

All of these are my first attempts. The one with Pintail was a good fly, but the glare messed up the photo on the eyes. The Gadwall (FW-G) head was not good, so I didn't post it. The Pintail had a great shape, and it looked really nice in person. The Bronze Mallard wing was pretty, but I like the Lemon Wood Duck better. The barred flank of the Wood Duck was very nice, but if you are using one feather, it is not always uniform from one side of the feather, to the other. Still it is a showy fly, and I am sure it will work well. The first version with the mallard was nice, and most people have access to Mallard, that is why I used it. But the Lemon Wood Duck gets my vote for my favorite wing. I have not tried Teal on it, but I already have that on the Shaman Lance. I am probably going to try this with Teal, just an as alternative. I am also going to use gold and copper on some of these. I found some copper tinsel chenille, and black tinsel chenille. So I will be playing with that too. I ordered some last night.