My best fishing, camping, and goofing around buddy (my almost 9 year old grandson, Marcus) and his family just moved to the Richmond area and are buying a house in Chesterfield, VA. I?m really missing the little guy, so my wife and I will probably take a week or so around Memorial Day and fly from Boise to Richmond to visit.
What fishing opportunities are there in the nearby areas? Not looking for huge fish, just some fun with my Grandson. From the online maps, there seems to be an impoundment in the subdivision by the house. Are the impoundments any good as fishing spots?
I looked at the VDGIF website and saw a 5-day non-res license is only $10. That sounds good, but it seems that I will need a special $30.00 permit to fish for stocked trout. Is that right? Do I really need that or is there enough warmwater opportunity?
I?ll be bringing my 3 wt travel rod and his spin cast outfit so we?re looking for a nice place to go and maybe catch some fish. Also, if I pack my float tube are there any special regs I need to know about?
I did do a search and saw the other 2 posts, but any additional help anybody can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Mike