Thread: Fishing Book Description, Any Thoughts?

Threaded View

Default Fishing Book Description, Any Thoughts?

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I certainly don't know of a better place. Any thoughts on this descirption of my fly, surf, spin and spey casting book?

Thanks,
    Randy

Withso many articles and books on casting why did I write this short book? Part of theanswer is that I never set to out to write a book or even an article. Instead,I set out to become a better fly, surf, spin and spey caster. To do so, Ialways took my first step by studying casting technique. Why did I do this? Becauserelatively late in life I had come to believe in the power of technique; sowhen I became interested in fly casting, for example, I immersed myself in articles,books and videos, but surprisingly I still couldn?t cast more than seventy-feet. Frustrated, I experimented with fly casting on my own, but with every casting discoveryI made, a new casting symptom, like hitting myself with the fly, came out of hiding.

More and more I wished I had a casting coach, but nothaving a coach forced me to experiment on my own, and to find and understandthe causes of my casting defects. And while I did, I took notes, notes that soonbecame a sort of casting journal, and then became articles that were publishedin many magazines. Does my journal answer every casting question? No. Does it describe the only ways to cast? No. In the end, I believe all casters aredifferent, and should learn from many sources. To me, therefore, this book ismy small contribution to your own personal voyage of casting discovery.
    Last edited by randyflycaster; 09-01-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: updated