+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Contributing to the Feather FAD

Hybrid View

Talking Contributing to the Feather FAD

I fealt I must share this story with all of you. Yes, you may come to the conclusion that I am contributing to the whole feather thing but I think you will agree the end result was good.
    I was talking to a coworker about a drill press and he stated he had an older one for sale. He wanted $25 for the drill press and I wanted to take a look. During our discussion he mentioned that since I was a fly tyer I would like to hear about his Granddaughter. She is about 11 years old and wants to get feathers in her hair but was unable to find any feathers at several salons and beauty supply shops (Grandpa driving her around mind you). I thought to myself, "I wonder if a trade would work".

I traded 14 saddle hackle feathers for a drill press. Yes, I have some guilt about the trade but how often in your life can you trade feathers for power tools?

OK, you may now start beating me up.

Bob

Bob!!! I'm amazed that you would become "An enabler"! Terrible!! Horrible!!! What is this world of fly fishers coming to??????

You need now to ... give her some MATCHING feathers to make earrings from!!! Tell her about wig clips that she can sew the feathers to so she can change them (hair extension feathers) out to go with her outfits!!

You may ask my granddaughter how I would know such things!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

I think that understanding would have something to do with our favorite Swamp Witch being "an enabler"...

Ed, hiding Cheez-Its in desk.

Bobby,

I see no need to feel guilty about a trade between 2 people where both parties are satisfied and no one had to come up with money. Bartering between 2 people is a whole lot better than one large company buying out a complete stock creating a shortage and huge price increase for all. I think you did very well. Shoot, I would trade 14 saddle hackles for a benchtop drill press anyday.

Great deal....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

All depends. Were they grizzly? I'd have talked him down to twelve if they were grizzly
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Blog Entries

if they where from denny saddle feathers then you over paid 2 and he owes you change

Bobby,

Only because I hate to see a young man who has had a rough summer suffer further, I will be happy to drive down to Newnan and remove the offending drill press and let you pick 16 feathers of your choice from my measly collection.

Just trying to help out here.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Jesse, you are way too generous. Thanks for the offer. I must say I agree that if it was from Denny he would not have gotten 14 feathers. I just purchased a JV Hen fom Denny and boy are they nice feathers. Denny helped me pick out want I needed and he was right.

Now I have to go home and start using the drill press, what a bummer.

Bob

+ Reply to Thread