Decided to see if Irene had dumped enough water back in the creek to make fishing worth while (one of the best days I ever had there with dries was post-Hurricane Fran when the water was still rising and turning dirty). Late August, it's usually just a p.ss-trickle and the browns hunker down in the deeper holes and spring seeps. Turns out even with a couple inches of rain, it's been so dry that even though there was a decent flow, it wasn't enough to really turn things on. Got the chance to try out a new fly (Neversink Trude), a few fish were looking up and it was a beautiful day so please, no tears for me.

Cross the Potomac into MD and this is the first thing I see (Point of Rocks train station):

This is the second; luckily, taking pictures from a moving car isn't against the law, although it should be (lol):

I thought of Cheech and Chong when I saw this:

Welcome to Thurmont, "Gateway to the Mountains"; somehow I don't think President Obama dines at the Cozy when he spends the weekend up here at Camp David:

My fishing machine; 212+k, 30+mpg, bought-and-paid for - perfect:

I've seen it look worse; what the heck, I drove 50 miles, might as well give it a shot:

Cantilever:

Stocker (sorry for the bad focus, and dirty fingernails):

Born and bred (again with the focus and framing):

A fun way to spend a couple hours.

Regards,
Scott

ps - Of course I brag about my wheels and it starts to overheat on the drive home; at least it waited until I was 6 miles out to act up. Off to the local mechanic.