+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Size 15 feet and waders, quick question

Default Size 15 feet and waders, quick question

As you can tell from the subject I have size 15 feet. Most stockingfoot waders go up to 14. Someone mentioned that the stocking is pretty stretchy and I probably can fit into one no problem. Strangely, wading shoes come in 15 so I have the shoes and just need the waders. (I know simms makes them or I can custom make them but I am not ready to plunk down that much cash)
    Does anyone know if the stocking foot will give that little bit of stretch I need?

Is there any way at all to get into a fly shop and try on a pair? Honestly, that's your best bet. The amount of stretch may be fine for someone else, but you might find it too uncomfortable to bear for extended fishing sessions.

I can't believe that the bootie will stretch a full size and be very comfortable to wear.
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

Cutting the toes off (the stocking feet, not your own) will give you plenty of room.

Seriously, the waders you ordered from H&H don't fit?

The thing to bear in mind is that if you wear size 15, you'll need to go up at least one size if you're wearing sockfoot waders -- to 16s.

Sorry to be the source of bad news.

I will try some on in a fly shop as soon as I am done with writing this paper.
    The ones I got from H&H (the service was perfect I got them right away and the price was unbeatable--I will shop there again, I promise)
    were too big, I may have size 15 feet but those were made for someone waaaay larger than me all around. Also, I was hoping to find breathable waders in my size, the neoprenes are very sweaty.

rawfish, you'd be best to get fitted at a shop. If they feel tight when you try them on, they will only feel tighter and more uncomfortable after a few short hours fishing. I wish I could give you a source for what you need.

Whatever you do, DO NOT undersize your wader stocking foot size. I speak from (painful) experience. I have curled my toes under now for three years. I have fishing friends who think I have a limp from birth. Fortunately the pain/limp goes away after removal of waders and a three finger single malt.
    The other reason to not undersize would be the additional friction wearing at the toes and weakening/thinning the material.

Mark
    PS: Many people wear hair shirts as penance for their sins. I wear my undersized waders.
    ------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

[This message has been edited by Marco (edited 07 May 2006).]

I have a size 15 foot and am tall and thin (6'2" 165lbs). Got a pair of Orvis Silver Label waders (the yellowish ones) in size XL/Long. Sizing chart shows bootie as 12-14. Matched with their Henry's Fork felt boots in 15. They are working OK. Would prefer a tiny bit more room, but they have been working OK for me for 2 years. My foot is on the narrow side (measures B I think), which may help.

By the way, they are a little baggy, but not so its a problem. I think I tried on a Simms XXL at a shop at the time, and could put 2 or 3 of me in there, but no feet.
    ------------------
    Keepeth they back cast out of the freakin' flora.

[This message has been edited by DavidInMD (edited 07 May 2006).]

I had had to go through this with another customer of mine. Simms will put a custom size foot in a wader for a $50 surcharge. It took about 4 weeks.

Josh White [url=http://www.rogueflyshop.com:7db1a]http://www.rogueflyshop.com[/url:7db1a]

[This message has been edited by caster (edited 07 May 2006).]

+ Reply to Thread