+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hurrican headed your way?

Hybrid View

Default Hurrican headed your way?

If you are in the path of Irene, please follow the instructions and keep yourself safe. We would appreciate any reports, but do not put yourself in danger. We keep you all in our prayers!
    Hugs,
    LF

I agree follow all instructions except when asked to give up your right keep your arms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Looks like I may have a crack at saltwater fly fishing ... from home!!!!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Betty, we are probably not going to get any much need rain off this storm in north Georgia. My wife's best friend's mailing address is Kitty Hawk, NC. She has ridden out every storm since she has been there with no serious damage to date. I am concerned she is going to push her luck too far. According to Google Earth she has water on the east and west sides of her property less than a half mile from the west and three quarters from the east. You can tell a Southern girl, but you can't tell them much.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

The way the weather dudes and dudettes are talking surge ... I sure hope you can "encourage" her to leave!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Uncle Jesse,
    Sure enough wish I could send you some of the rain we will be getting. We are already way ahead for August in rainfall after a bit of a dry early summer. Lakes, streams and rivers are at or above normal levels but the ground is saturated. Calling for flooding with some wind. Power outages expected to be wide spread and long lasting.

Still not going to have it as bad a The Outer Banks, Baltimore, Wilmington, Philly, Newark, New York, Boston and Bangor. This morning it was announced on Fox News that all of the east coast refineries have shut down so fill up while you can.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    You can tell a Southern girl, but you can't tell them much.
    Jesse, I think that applies to a lot more than just Southern Girls.

My youngest daughter lives in Yonkers on the north side of NYC. She grew up in Wyoming so the breezes they are expecting shouldn't bother her much but she is worried about flooding and trees falling over and power outages.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Blog Entries

Just came off Cape Cod this morning. There is an exodus of boats, trailers and campers leaving the Cape. 2500 National Guard Troops have been deployed to help with evacuations. Wind speeds will drop from what was initially reported but we expect high winds, heavy rain and lots of downed trees and power outages. During the last hurricane to hit Massachusetts ( Bob in 1991 ) we lost power for 2 weeks and it took 10 days to clear all of the downed trees from roads. Stay Safe folks.

+ Reply to Thread