+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hurrican headed your way?

Hybrid View

Rain just started falling in Northern Delaware about an hour ago (Noon EST). Light winds, but those are expected to increase in the coming hours. The cloud rotation was cool... East to West! That's a real cyclonic rotation! Good stuff. The Emergency Management folk have upgraded the amount of rain from 5-7 inches to 10+ inches. That's a lot of rain! The worst flooding will be in the 24 hours AFTER the storm. All that runoff has to get down the little streams (like the one behind my house - Christina Creek) into the main channels. We are expecting our little stream to crest somewhere around 9 feet or 2 feet over flood stage. That will close the road, but that's about all. I hope for the folks down stream of us that's all we get. Wilmington, DE has mandatory evacuations near the Christina River (the big part of our creek) and all along the White Clay and Red Clay rivers (those feed the Christina and ultimately the Delaware River & Bay). Monday will be a mess.

Good luck to my fellow East Coasters! Stay dry and safe!

Dave
    WCCNovice

This is a radar screen I snipped two minutes ago. This is from an Outer Banks TV station.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

so its raining here not bad on and off but tomorrow will be the worst of it for us the reports change like a woman changes her underclothes. but we are as ready as ever.

I'm on Long Island, only 16 miles or so from Manhattan as the crow flies. Looks like I'm going to be at ground zero sometimes early tomorrow morning. The eye of this monster is supposed to be real close to me. I have everything taken care of. Everything is in the garage, including my new Weber. I have plenty of block ice in the freezers for WHEN the power goes off...not IF. They're saying maybe up to 20" of rain now. This should be fun. Most of us up here are concerned with tornadoes forming ahead of the storm. I'll let you all know what happens...if the power hangs around. Good luck to everyone affected.

Ken
    "Fly fishing is the most fun you can have standing up" Arnold Gingrich

Hold on tight Ken!

Were hoping only the best outcome for you all!

Check back in when you can..

Be safe!
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

This is 5 minutes ago radar from the Outerbanks of NC.

http://www.witn.com/weather/misc/128...l?abc=OiGJErpN
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

The small stream two houses down the hill is 2 feet over it's banks. The end of the road is closed and those folks have to wait it out, the stream is too dangerous to cross. It's raining pretty hard, no cats and dogs, just frogs and fish. The wind is gusty, but not so bad. It's much lighter than Floyd, currently. We had a tornado warning for our town, but no indication that there actually was one. Our back yard is still green, the big stream (Christina) is still running true. We have a forecast of heavy rain until 5am, it's now almost midnight.

Dave
    WCCNovice

+ Reply to Thread