+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Huge Albright Sale!!

Hybrid View

Default Huge Albright Sale!!

In by email this morning, Albright is selling EVERYTHING 70% OFF.
    wow!

What I was waiting for. Thanks!

After visiting the site:
    On second thought. MSRP on the A5 rod is $629??? WTF! Sale price is $188. Coulda swore those rods were like $300 the last time I looked.

I bought an A5 on sale last year for $99. Plus I bought some fly line and they threw in a reel for......free.

Something seems out of whack here.
    Last edited by Big Bad Wulff; 08-25-2011 at 06:27 PM.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

They do this at least once a year. I don't have any of their gear but I hear it's decent, probably closer in quality to the sale prices. Anyone ever pay full price for their stuff? $1195 for their EXR & EXT rods!!! Think I'll stick to building with my Forecast blanks.

Regards,
    Scott

They are worth the sales price. That I will give them. The A5 is a nice rod. Good feel. Tends to break near the ferrules. Ask me how I know(X2).

I got a $500 card in Ski Magazine for some Red Star Wear company. Looked them up. Basically cheap sunglasses. You pay 10% of their original, way over-inflated cost for shipping. Basically you get a $10 pair of sunglasses for $20 worth of shipping.

It seems Albright has sunk to the same kind of marketing. Inflate prices, have huge sale, and sell them for what they are really worth......with no warranty.

Don't get me wrong. The A5 is a nice rod but it certainly isn't worth $629. No fly rod is, IMHO. Unless they replace it no matter what for the rest of your life. Then you are basically paying for a service plan and not a fishing rod. Break it every few years and send it back to them if that is the game they want to play.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
    They do this at least once a year. I don't have any of their gear but I hear it's decent, probably closer in quality to the sale prices. Anyone ever pay full price for their stuff? $1195 for their EXR & EXT rods!!! Think I'll stick to building with my Forecast blanks.

Regards,
    Scott
    You got that right, Scott.

The MSRP listed on those items is unreal. I remember when I picked up an Albright GP combo with rod, Gp reel, and line a couple of years ago, for less than the cost of the GP reel on "clearance" right now. Wonder what happened. That GP reel is not anywhere near a $330 MSRP reel. That topwater combo they have on clearance right now for $120 used to be clearance for less than $40 a couple years ago.

Blog Entries

The A5 I got a couple years ago (on sale at $100 or thereabouts) is virtually identical to the 5pc Stowaway rods Cabelas sold for years for $100. Only slightly better hardware.

+ Reply to Thread