+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fished the Elk River in TN yesterday and today...

Hybrid View

Default Fished the Elk River in TN yesterday and today...

I fished the Elk River yesterday and caught 19 rainbows and had a great day! A friend of mine, Denny, wanted to fish today and we fished the same area I fished yesterday and Denny had 6 rainbow and I caught 17 plus one very nice brown. Fishing was slower today and you had to fish hard to catch fish. They dropped the flow on the river from 350cfs to 250cfs. The fishing is better at the 350cfs. Overall, we both had a good day and good fellowship.

Here is a picture of the brown I caught and released.

Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Nice fish Warren! Were they on a particular fly?
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

OK, Warren, now your making me jealous. Beautiful fish!
    Let No One Walk Alone
    <*)))))><{----------}><((((*>

Those are realy nice rainbows, Warren. Is that where you're going to take me when I come down?
    Bruce

bobbyq - It was a hard day of fishing to determine what fly they wanted. There were not a lot of "rises" and what few there were, were on midges. I caught mine on 4 different flies. Some were caught on a fly that a guide friend of mine had posted on his web site and I liked the looks of it and "tweaked" it a little. The nice brown came on a pattern I created a year ago and it really has no name and the largest percentage of the fish came on a pattern a gentleman showed me last year when we met on the river and were just talking. Most of the fish were caught towards the end of the day when the sun had almost set and evening was setting in.

lastchance - Yes, Bruce, I plan on taking you on the same stretch of river plus other areas that I like to fish. You just let me know when you are coming and plan on doing some wading and walking. I like to get away from others when I fish and during the week is the best time to do that.

PanFisher - Thanks and I look forward to fishing with you someday.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Is this the Elk that flows into Watauga Lake out of NC? Beautiful Brown!

+ Reply to Thread