I don't find them harder to pick up than other lines, but I do know what your tangling issue is about. NO fly line is "tangle-free!" Airflo advertises the Ridge and other lines with their new core as non-kinking. They also tell you straight up that the core is very supple, but the polyurethane coating on the tropical saltwater Ridge lines has been hardened to keep the lines from wilting in the heat. But polyurethane lines are more supple than PVC lines, in general. If you cast a bunch of Airflo fly lines across the full range of cold water, warm water, salt water, and fresh water lines side-by-side against a bunch of similar PVC-coated lines, you will see the Airflo lines are more supple than all the PVC lines.

What you are experiencing with the tangling is actually not a problem with the line, but a deficiency in your line-handling skills. Don't be offended or get defensive. I had the same problem when I first switched to Airflo lines. You need to work on smoothing out your casting stroke, reducing the "snap" in your hauls, keeping your hauls in plane with the fly rod, and never letting go of the line with your line hand during the entire cast. If you move, do not drag the line behind you. Pick it up. If you are in surf or current, use a stripping basket. The Airflo lines are superior casting, mending, and hook-setting lines. But they will foul fairly easily. Most of all, do not yank, flop, or fling slack line to try and "toss" fouled loops apart! They tie down into good knots much better than most PVC tropical saltwater lines! I had to undo some sloppy habits, but once I got those under control my saltwater fishing really improved. Furthermore, the rest of my fishing improved some too - because I got better at managing my fly line.