At first, I was gonna stay outa this. I usually stay outa debates that go past one or two posts. However, I do have something to say, or maybe just an observation. I pretty much agree with Larry (sagefisher) and not just because we went to the same high school. Here's the thing:

On one hand, ya got "fishin". On the other hand ya got "ain't fishin" ......be it worm drownin, slingin' spinners and spoons, or castin' flies.
I usually opt for "fishin" and pretty much don't judge others on their choice of methods, long as they're legal. As for me, there's lot's of legal methods that aren't something I won't do. I prefer basic, old-fashioned fly fishin'.

However, In Oregon you can fish a fly on spinnin' gear with a casting bubble, so what you use to cast is up to you. Terminal tackle, however, is closely regulated in fly-only waters as it should be.

If y'all are legal.. I say fish how you like. I really don't think it'll have much impact on the fish population either way.

As for the concept of fighting regulations, or how they're enforced. I say go ahead, take your best shot, but bear in mind, you'll have a citation to deal with either way, and sometimes your fishing priveledges can hang in the balanc.

...Just my two cent's worth of opinion...............Happy"Fishin' " ...............ModocDan