+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not FF Related

Default Not FF Related

Social Security has seen fit to turn me down for disability. Looks like it's time to get an attorney. I did my Army time and worked hard for over 50 years, now I'm in almost constant pain and this is the way my country wants to treat me. Sorry, just a little bitter tonight. I'm even thinking about selling off my ff gear.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Blog Entries

Contact your Congressman or Senator first. SS has people called Troubleshooters whose job it is to deal with claims that people have turned to their Congressmen or Senators for help with. These people know Social Security inside out and will do everything possible to make sure the claim is handled the way it is supposed to be. The reason I know of these carefully hidden secret workers is that my mother was one. The people I knew here in the Denver Office are all retired now, but they all worked very hard to set things right.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Joe, they turn down almost everyone the first time. Get a lawyer who specializes in social security disabilty.
    They know the system and seldom lose a case that they take it on contingency. The sooner you get representation the less it will cast you as they get a percentage of the back payments from the first rejection on.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

This is terrible ,

I wish you only the best with all this.

That email you sent me today, I wish you would post it in the sound off section if only a few more would send it to their friends and on to washington....

be safe

and if you don't have too don't sell your FF stuff!
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

You will probably be turned down at least twice. Get the attorney Joe. That is what you are going to have to do.

I am praying for you buddy.

Joe,

I agree with others that you shouldn't give up just yet. But you mentioned you "did your Army time". Before you allow an attorney to reach into your pocket, you might want to look for a VA advocate in your area. Most counties have a Veterans Assistance Office of some sort. They might be able to help, even though it's a Social Security issue. I had a similar situation with a disability a few years ago that would have gone nowhere without help. A bright young guy in the Vets Assistance Office filed all the paperwork, countered the denial on the first round, and was successful (after about 10 months) at getting my claim approved.

Oh, and one more thing Joe; although we weren't appreciated much back in the 60's and 70's, thank you for your service to our country.

Good luck and good fishing,
    Arnie

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Molcsan View Post
    This is terrible ,

I wish you only the best with all this.

That email you sent me today, I wish you would post it in the sound off section if only a few more would send it to their friends and on to washington....

be safe

and if you don't have too don't sell your FF stuff!
    I'm really tempted to post it Steve, but it's too close to political flaming. Or at least could be taken that way. After all, that's the way I intended it.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Joe,

I don't know if it is part of the recruitment at the SS administration or if the employee develop in to heartless SOB's (sweet old boys) over time. My dad died at approximately 8 p.m. on February 28 just over 3 years ago. The SS admin withdrew the entire payment for the month of February from my parents bank account. When mom called them about it she was told "He should have lived until midnight." It's been 3 1/2 years and I'm still steamed about that.

I am not a fan of many lawyers but that may very well be what it requires. Good Luck.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread