Thread: Question

Threaded View

Blog Entries

HA!HA! Well Oldfrat....the bright side is that while you sure won't catch fish, you'll certainly catch -how shall I say?- a 'buzz'! CHEERS!

Thanks all, so far .
    I guess I always thought that it would last for a good long time. Last night I was on the water with warmwater fish, and a trico hatch like I've NEVER seen before was on. By the time I got something 'decent' on, the party was over.
    Got me thinking about the length of time one has in taking advantage of the situation.
    Also got me thinking as to what one should put on the line. Sure there were tricos flying around, but the way they were jumping out of the water gave me the feeling that spinners weren't what they were going for (They were spinners; they were all over me).
    My second question would be, when any kind of hatch is going on, and you can't see duns riding the surface like a sailboat race, what should you put on? Duns, reagrdless? Emergers? Stick of dynamite!?
    It was pretty amazing to see the back of the car COVERED in spent dun shucks.
    Someone said that flyfishers should be more interested in the fish than the insects....but I really can't see why you COULDN'T be, sometimes.
    Last edited by Bad Luck Larry; 08-18-2011 at 01:22 PM.