Thread: Question

Threaded View

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=kglissmeyer;427549]In my experience, though the tricos hatch in the evening, the spinner fall will be early the next morning. As far as duration, it depends on the species, weather, time of year, and water temps. All variables that affect timing and duration of hatches.

Kligssmeyer...

I don't know if the trico spinners WERE falling..but they were everywhere. The back of the car was littered with spent shucks.
    The fish were leaping out of the water, and so I don't really know if they were after the tricos, or if there was something else on the water that was tastier.
    Didn't know if I should fish some kind of emerger or if I should've put on some kind of caddis ( I know they'll come out of the water for them!)
    But it was interesting to see them 'turn on'. And just as it started, everything stopped, not 20 minutes later....and all was quiet.
    I know there was a time on the Ausable in Wilmington, where you had multiple hatches; trying to switch your fly constantly to keep up with the pace. THAT, fascinated me AND made me dizzy at the same time!
    I have to tell you, flyfishing sure has brought me closer to so much around me; closer to the cycle of the world and all the things which are part and parcel of it.
    It baffles me, makes me smile, makes me think, and definitely brings me a kind of peace in this busy world.

Now if only I knew what those fish were taking....
    Last edited by Bad Luck Larry; 08-20-2011 at 02:43 AM.