+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Goodbye, World!

Hybrid View

Default Goodbye, World!

Tomorrow morning I leave to go fishing / camping for a week. FIN-AL-LY.

Between the CRAZY runoff here in CO this year (record snowpack), a 3-month old daughter (along with two older kiddos), and things just being pretty nuts in general, I haven't picked up a fly rod since I don't know when (seriously, it may have been last year...). What makes it even worse is that this is the most time I've been at home here in CO during the summer instead of traveling for work in the last 4 years. My only fishing recently has been some spin fishing in the evening and at night at some local lakes (caught some decent Walleye at least), and taking the two older kids (4 and 7) to a local pond for perch, bluegill, and green sunfish the last couple of weekends.

So, GOODBYE WORLD!!! I'll see you in a week! No cell phones, computers, electricity, or running water (except the rivers). I can't wait!!!
    "Engineers don't idle well."

Jared,

Enjoy this time! You deserve it! To bad it is not for a month or you could come to TN again and we could fish all day and tie flies all night!!!

Enjoy yourself and your family....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Have a great time and be careful out there! Have some super tales to tell us when you get back (you could take notes *S*)

I wet a line for the first time this year last weekend. The Colorado was finally fishable, but still running at least 2X normal for this time of year and scary to wade. Meanwhile, the high mountain small streams have been getting lots of scary thunderstorms that have kept me away. Not a good year for Colorado fishing, for sure, but I wish you a week of good weather and great fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfrat View Post
    I wet a line for the first time this year last weekend. The Colorado was finally fishable, but still running at least 2X normal for this time of year and scary to wade. Meanwhile, the high mountain small streams have been getting lots of scary thunderstorms that have kept me away. Not a good year for Colorado fishing, for sure, but I wish you a week of good weather and great fishing.

Get thee a personal water craft (pontoon) and come join me on the Roaring Fork at 2500 cfs. The fishing has been SPECTACULAR for the past 6 weeks! I am sad to see the flows subside. Now everyone has a shot at the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Get thee a personal water craft (pontoon) and come join me on the Roaring Fork at 2500 cfs. The fishing has been SPECTACULAR for the past 6 weeks! I am sad to see the flows subside. Now everyone has a shot at the fish.
    I will be spending some time on the Pan and the Fork. I thought about bringing the drift boat with me for the Fork, but have decided against it as I want to fish several places w/o the hassle of towing the boat around (plus I don't feel like rowing this trip). Looks like the weather should be decent - mid 70's for most places I'm looking at going with the chance of afternoon T-storms (typical CO mountain weather).

DUB, any chance you might be (or were) a schoolteacher there in GJ?
    "Engineers don't idle well."

+ Reply to Thread