What happens is that they put an unnatural adductive, and abductive strain on your thigh muscles. They are not designed for that much lateral stress. With regular swim fins, your quadriceps muscles are making the same movements, and subject to the same stresses as if you were swimming, only the fins increase your efficiency for the same amount of effort. With Pedal Pushers, your quadriceps are making the same moves as when walking, but instead of the stresses being up and down, they are fore and aft. These muscles are not designed to work that way. It's like walking into a 200 mph wind, except you cannot lean forward into it. You can do it for a little while, but it will eventually become too painful.

Both times when I used these, I was all but incapacitated the next few days from cramps in my sartorius, and biceps femoris. I doubt if I covered more than 2 miles on either trip.

Actually, I even got rid of my belly boats in favor of kayaks. Belly Boats are great if you are going to fish within 100 yards or so of where you walk in, but any further than that just wasn't practical, even with Rocket Fins. I couldn't even maintain contact with a school of sand (white) bass from a belly boat...too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Goddess View Post
Tell us how you really feel Gig...LOL Seriously, I have "heard" the same thing. Never wanted to find out for myself.