Picked up my Contour 13" canoe yesterday and I am doing some clean up work on it today. I am tickled pink! No major repairs needed ust a few minor things to take care of. Mostly clean up but I did remove the metal brace that runs along the inside of the keel to put a coat of paint on the brace. I have to pick up a new deep cycle battery and a set of lights. Small potatoes for such a great deal on a very good rig.

The gent that sold me the boat, made it very clear that the selling price is $225.00 and not one penny more. Well, he now has fresh venison for his table and a new fishing buddie. He also has someone to help out around the house as well. What a great day! Amy and I got a boat and two new friends to boot!

Okay, now that I am a little calmer, I have a couple of questions I need some help with.
First, the canoe appears to be fiberglass and has a max weight of just over 550lbs. with a Minn Kota 28lb. thrust trolling motor. What size deep cycle battery should I get? I will be fishing mainly small still waters and some on the Susquehanna River.

Second, what, if any, type of wax should I use on the hull?

I will check back later. Now it's back to work on that brace. Thanks folks.

------------------
Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!