+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More news from Arrowhead Ranch....

Hybrid View

Default More news from Arrowhead Ranch....

I delivered 2 more boxes of donations I received to Arrowhead Ranch today and they are just amazed with the continued support from FAOL members and so am I ! Brian, the Activities Director, wanted to show me something that is being started on Monday and I was thrilled! They have an area that is about 12' X 24" that is going to be closed in and turned into a fly fishing/tying area. This area is where they intend to hang the fly rods up on the wall and have cabinets to store tying material, vises and fly fishing vests and gear. I told Brian I would help with the construction if needed and that I would love to see tables down the center with vises in place on the tables so the boys can sit down and tie anytime they wanted to and that any evening that any of the boys wanted to tie, they just needed to call me and I would drive out and help them with their tying as long as I was home and not tied up with anything. I live about 12 miles from the ranch. I am attaching a picture of the area they are going to close in.

I cannot express my feelings on how thankful I am for those who have donated to Arrowhead Ranch. Thanks to you, Arrowhead Ranch now has a fly fishing/tying program for the boys.

Oh, by the way, after this Sunday, they will have 17 boys living there under their care!

Last edited by WarrenP; 08-13-2011 at 03:52 AM.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

That's a great thing for the boys. Nothing better for a boy than fishing to get a positive outlook going. I am sure they will never forget what has been done.
    Let No One Walk Alone
    <*)))))><{----------}><((((*>

That's great, Warren. Those kids are going to have fun all year long fishing and tying. The children will benefit from their great start in life by all the good examples of giving by you and the staff
    Bruce

Blog Entries

Thank you for the update Warren, what a gift these boys are giving back to us as well.

Warren,
    I must have missed the start of this thread about "arrowhead ranch". Could you give me a update on what is this is all aobut? I have some vises and fly fishing outfits that I would like to see go to a good cause.
    Tom

crappiecrazy,

Here is a link to the Arrowhead Ranch where I have been helping to teach the boys fly fishing and tying for several months. I had come across some of the boys while fishing one day and volunteered to teach them fly fishing and fly tying. When I started working with the boys there were 8 boys at the ranch and now there are 17. The ranch receives no funding from the State or Federal. They operate from donations from churches and orgainizations and the work they are doing for these boys is wonderful. I could only do so much without more equipment and I posted here for help and the response has been great and I and the boys are so thankful. Anything you can donate will be appreciated. If you search the "Things Wanted" threads you will find some pictures I have posted on the progress that has been made through donations from FAOL members to establish a fly fishing/tying program for the boys. The boys really love it and they look forward to tying and fly fishing and I love to see them smile and laugh.

I will send you a PM with my home mailing address for donations. As I receive the donations, I deliver them to the ranch and also give them your name and address because they want to send all donors a "Thank You" for the donations.

Thank you for your help and here is the link to the Web site for Arrowhead Ranch so that you can see what they are doing.

http://www.arrowheadranchtn.org/

I will continue to post pictures of the progress so everyone can see the results of their donations....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

+ Reply to Thread