+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hook Question

Warren, Might be important.....bass fishing occasionally, but generally in pursuit of panfish. Don't mind a bass straightening out a hook if I get to feel him/her on the end of my line. I almost always manage to hook one decent bass when I'm using a #10 fly and seldom get more than a look and a yank on my line. The larger(to me size #4 upwards thru the /O's are large flies and most of mine go to someone else in a swap or just to spread them around. Prolly won't be looking for larger than 2-4's.
    My fly fishing has been extremely limited this year. Health and hot weather have been severely curtailing my trips out on the water.
    I still have the fun of sitting down and tying a few once in a while though. Works out pretty well when listening to ball games on the radio at night.

rodgerole

BTW, the tmc 8089 looks great on paper 2xl/1xf and minibarb..thanks DarrinG and thanks to all for the suggestions

Blog Entries

We are currently playing with poppers on tubes and so far it looks better than promising. Short shank hooks hold fish far better than long shanks and the popper body slides up the line so it neither interfers nor gets torn up. It is a far better plan IMO. A coffee stirrer makes a great tube at a better price.

We are still working out the details or I would post some photos. I will when I get them resolved... I use a monster lathe with all sorts of control and I am trying to find a system that would be more universal without the machinery... The flies themselves work ridiculously well.
    art

+ Reply to Thread