I just came back from camping in the Blue Ridge Mountains with my siblings for a few days. Since I was with my family fishing wasn't the main focus, seeing as I'm the only angler in the family. This was unfortunately the first time I've gotten out to the river this year so I was happy to be out again.
This probably ranks most succesful for my trout fishing with a fly rod. Now that doesn't say to much because I don't get to go often and the times I do I'm lucky to catch a trout, but this seems to be a "turning point" in my fishing expeditions. All in all a fun time with my folks and on the river.

Side note: any tips on nymphing? I've done some extensive reading on fly angling so I now "how" to, but to this date have never caught a trout on a sub surface fly. I can many times see the fly going past the fish and being rejected, so I don't think that its so much that I can't recognize a take but that I'm plain doing something wrong. I think I'm managing my drag ok, but I could be wrong. thanks