Okay, I know this area is not for political or war information or opinions, but I'm posting this and if any of the administrators feel it's inappropriate, then they can take it down.

I was shocked by the news yesterday about the crash of a large helicopter in Afganistan and the loss of more than 30 lives, mostly SEALS in that crash. When and what I heard initially was frightening. I had just gotten in my car and heard on the radio the last part of Governor Rick Perry's statement that, 'the families of the 30 or so 'Special Forces' who had been killed in Afganistan had his and the nation's condolences'. My heart dropped like a giant rock and I sped home very quickly while trying to get further news on other radio stations. I didn't get any. When I did get home I turned on the TV and went to the puter to learn latest news. Well, more news was still coming in and what I did hear was that the situation involved SEALS from Team 6 and some Afgan troops. I must admit that, while personally relieved, I was very much effected by these deaths.

So everyone, please say a prayer in your own way for the families of those who were killed and for all who are serving in war zones. Regardless of your political affiliation, those men and women are where they are to protect us and they need to know, through visible and spiritual efforts, that we care greatly about them.

Allan