+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: L2L Connector (3M)

"You could just as easily use this option with mono, I only suggested that I use dacron because he seemed to have trouble tying knots with it, which I do too. And store bought braids intended for mainlines WILL NOT WORK. They are too slick"

Thanks for the great idea!!! I used 15lb mono with my 3wt line....... when I finished the nail knot, I put another knot on the two ends of the 3/8" loop. It is perfectly straight because both ends of the loop are 180 degrees apart. So much smaller and less drag than the loops you purchase.

This is why FAO is such a wonderful site, all the fly anglers with mucho tips on fly fishing.

Fish On, longrodders

Re: Leader Links again.
    I never had problems with them on line weights 3 and 4. They float OK. I never use them on larger lines..And on the small Silk Lines I have they are the only things that will stay on the line tip. Nail Knots slip off. The other alternative is to fold back the tip of the silk line and whip finish a very small loop in it.
    Bob

Mr. Castwell:
    I have just been studying your "Line to Leader" knot, and although it will require a "leap of faith" to use it, I am going to try it this year with my silk lines. Now, AHEM, do you know where I can get some gut leaders?
    Bob

I can vouch for Castwell's knot. It is simple, strong and has not failed since I have been using it

Arrow Yep ...

Quote Originally Posted by okflyfisher View Post
    I can vouch for Castwell's knot. It is simple, strong and has not failed since I have been using it
    Lee S. mentioned old threads, kind of, on the "green triangles" thread. Well, here's a good example. And I've used the Castwell Knot for 15 plus years without fail, with one exception. The exception is that it does not work with really stiff fly line, such as a Class II full sinking line. For those who enjoy the old days on this site, just open a Forum and go way back in time by hitting the oldest page number shown, and maybe the oldest page shown at that point. There was such a long period of time with many, many folks participating and contributing and there is so much informative and fun stuff for those who take a bit of time to find it.
    The fish are always right.

+ Reply to Thread