Burbot and lake whitefish from deep cold water. The Burbot up here feed on Kokanee and are awesome eating. I also love cold water Kokanee. Halibut that is fresh and hasn't sat in the fridge overnight is my personal favorite. If we are counting sea food non-fish I really love octopus done right. ( pounded thin , marinated in red wine overnight and fried in tarragon & butter and other stuff. ) Monkfish although probably the worlds most ugly fish are right up there on my list of favorites. Sea cucumber boiled and rinsed thrice throwing out the water each time is an interesting feed , not my favorite but unique in taste. Sea urchin eggs made me barf big time. I don't like lobster but love shrimp and prawns, go figure.

I loves dungeness crabs boiled in a big cast iron pot on the shore in fresh seawater and served warm , yum.

Not fond of Bass, mountain whitefish, or peamouth chub. ( Yes I have cooked and eaten a chub )

I like black sea bass from the north pacific and red snapper too.

I have never even seen a Walleye and really would like to catch and eat one. Pike in cold water are good eatin.

The high mountain lake rainbows around here are mostly a deep red meat , I eschew the pale fleshed ones , sluffing them off on my inlaws.

Any fish caught should be chilled and cleaned immediately. The very worst thing you can do to a fish is to toss it uncleaned in a plastic bag with a bit of water. In minutes it loses almost all its flavor and goes mushy. ( why on earth people do that totally escapes me. )

Worse fish I ever tried to eat was a 10 lb squawfish ( northern pike minnow ) but it smelt to high heaven and even the cat wouldn't eat it.

Best eating local fish are Kokanee, Lake whitefish, Burbot and cold water carp. Yes I said Carp.