Quote Originally Posted by Mato Kuwapi View Post
They will take nymphs especially this time of year but woolly buggers, crayfish, muddler minnows, streamers of various types, white Puke flies ....lot and lots of things. Try Olive or black woolly buggers for starters. That seems to work best most of the time. What you want to look for is bubble lines on the surface and fish that. Look for pocket water too and fish the seams along the fast water. In this heat, they will be looking for well oxygenated water. Poppers are fun but I don't find them as productive sub surface. Try popping in eddies along fast current seems. I get a lot of splashy hits but not a whole lot of hook ups. Also watch for bait fish schools. If you see them popping out of the water, throw a streamer through them. I like to use a white marabou muddler for this. When you see the bait fish jumping out of the water, that usually means there are smallies trying to get a few. Also fish the rocky areas and cover. They like to hide in there. They are ambush predators.
I have searched and searched and I still can't find a pattern for the white Puke fly.