I want to start off by saying that stumbling onto this site was one of the best discoveries I have made in a while. Reading the boards has already taken its place in my morning pre-work routine, and I have greatly enjoyed the conversations.

My question is about caring for my waders. I recently bought a new pair of simms waders; a huge step up from the boot legs I had been using for years. I am fortunate enough to work ten minutes from a great trout stream and thirty minutes away from some seriously fantastic ones. Needless to say, many work days either begin or end on one of them.

My trips are usually sporadic so I keep all of my gear in the car at all times just in case I get the itch. I was wondering, if I should be concerned about leaving my waders in the trunk of a hatch-back. Is the heat going to be bad for them (like it would be to my line - which I take in every night). I know better to keep them in direct sunlight, and they now are in a backpack (though I plan on soon buying one of those big tupperware things to keep everything in). I, of course, take them into dry after use. Should I be worried about the sun though, or the heat that inevitably gets to them even in their storage place?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Again the site is fantastic - keep up the great work!