+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions for a small fishin boat

ocala4sale.com is good source to find one to.

I currently have a one man creek boat,its light but being made of plastic the bottom is getting gouged pretty badly now.I am looking at the springcreekprams made of kevlor or fiberglass but starting at 1295.00 they are not cheap.But being made of fiberglass like bass boats they should outlive me!

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

Here are a few of my fishing boats. I wouldn't trade or sell them for anything.

The orange one is my Advanced Elements Convertable Kayak (inflatable). It goes anywhere, and sets-up, and packs-down in minutes. It goes in the back of my car, in my bicycle trailer, or even on a bus or airliner. It is a fast as all but the most specialized racing kayaks, and tracks arrow-straight. It weights 47 pounds, and can hold 700 pounds of people and gear. It can be converted from a tandem to a solo touring yak in less than 2 minutes. It has both single, and double spray decks, spray skirts, or can be used without them (as pictured), like a canoe.

The blue hardshell is my river-boat (rapids-runner). It is a Pelican International Pursuit 100, and is aptly named. It is quick, and so maneuverable that from full speed (it makes 5 knots easy), I can do a complete 180 spin in less than the length of the boat (10'). It is unsinkable, and I suspect, virtually indestructible. I've gone over 2-25' waterfalls in it (actually, it was the same waterfall, twice....I think I have learned how to avoid it, now...), and through Class V+ whitewater in it all the time. It weighs 24 pounds, and can hold 350 pounds of me, and gear.

If you need a boat that will take abuse, be light and portable, and get you home alive, no matter what....you might consider a good kayak. They give you the most bang for your bucks, believe me. I would get rid of all my cars before I would part with any of my 'yaks (or bicycles, for that matter....).
    Last edited by Gigmaster; 06-12-2012 at 02:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread