For several years now, I've called the St. Joe River of north Idaho my home water. It's truly a restful, beautiful & rejuvenating place to be. I'll always look forward to visiting the area if for nothing else than camping and relaxing. Lately however, my wading abilities have completely deteriorated. So bad that a wade only ankle deep would result in a drenching tumble. I have been known to fish from a garden bench positioned on shore and have had some considerable luck in so doing. With the price of gas and the onset of early retirement, it's less likely that will happen any time soon. All is not lost though. I live in a neighborhood that is only 3 - 3 1/2 miles from Liberty Lake. It isn't the same as fishing a river or stream, but it has attributes of it's own. It's about 700 acres and holds rainbows, browns, largemouth bass, bluegills and perch. For the most part it's only 25 feet deep, with one small hole that runs 30 feet. A perfect depth to be entirely manageable with either a full sink or floating fly line. Tactics are going to have to change, but I'm amenable enough to accept the challenge. I count myself fortunate to have such a diverse fishery so close to home and look forward to learning it's characteristics. With my jon boat and electric motor I'll be able to cover the entire lake and carry lunch, camera, a couple of rods, more gear than I could ever get into a vest or on a lanyard. Maybe even a fish box on 1 or 2 occasions. Yes! Fortunate indeed.