+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wtb:wf2f or dt2f line

Default wtb:wf2f or dt2f line

prefer dt either one would work..nothing fancy .used is fine. pm me with a price.
    Thanks,
    Janus

Blog Entries

Just for info, I have a 3 wt DT, I believe an Orvis Wonderline, used once. Let me know if you are interested.

Larry ---sagefisher---

Thanks for the offer...that is what I have now on this little 2wt I built but it slows it down too much for my tastes.
    Janus

who's blank did you use, if its a batson a cortland sylk works great on their blank. I have one and the dt2 sylk cast like a dream.
    sandfly/bob
    N.J.B.B.A. #2215
    I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
    from the outer edge of nowhere
    fly tying and fishing ghillie..

5. Default

I have a peach colored Cortland 444 DT-2-F in excellent condition. $20 including shipping. steve.kartalia@gmail.com

fishnbrew..I think I found one thanks for the offers I will pm you to see if you still have it if this doesn't work out. I think it is a batson I bought it from Hook n Hackle it's a 2pc 6'6" matte grey? does that sound right? ha! I build so many during the winters here I forget what they are. I also built what I think is a forecast 4pc 2wt 6'6" dark blue blank that throws a 3wt line much better for me but this one that I'm asking about line for is much slower...I haven't fished it in some time and took it to a little pond and forgot how much fun they are to fish with...thanks again all fishnbrew I'll be in touch if need be.
    Janus

7. Default

Yeah, my understanding is the the Hook and Hackle blank you describe is a Batson RX7 in a matte finish. They also make it in the Olympic green finish. Very nice blank. Building rods is hardly a money-saving hobby is it? Although that was one of my initial motivators 10 years ago, several hundred rods later I have to laugh at that idea! It is, however, a very rewarding hobby and lots of fun. Cheers!

Just went back to the it's a pacbay tradition blank. No not really economical..ha! but, really feels much better to spend the money on something you build. I have some name brand store bought rods but always go back to fishing my built rods...there was a company called rod-blanks.com that I think went out of business but I bought a really cheap blank off of them($15) an 8' 3pc 4wt that I fish always, got lucky with the taper and my casting style..it was a nice suprise.
    Janus

9. Default

I have that 804-3 too and it casts great. I built it with real cheap handle components at the time but keep meaning to rebuild it with a nice cork and seat because it's such a sweet blank.

+ Reply to Thread