There are lots of good rods out there. What you get depends upon how much that you want to spend and if you have a requirement to test cast the rod rod before you buy it. I would be reluctant to buy any rod without test casting it unless I had no choice. There are lots of excellent rods out there, but the trick is finding out what rod feels best to you and how the rod casts with the type of lines that you want to use. You are not going to know that unless you test cast the rods, preferably with your fly line or a fly line that is similar to what you will be using.

I can tell you you that I have cast the Temple Fork BVK six weight, and it is nice casting rod. I have also cast several Echo rods, and I like the way that they cast better than the BVK's although they do not feel as light in the hand as the BVK.. If you are willing to spend more money, you should test cast the Orvis Hydros rods and Legend Elite Rods.

If your will be buying two rods, get a six and and eight weight. If you want to use just one rod for smallies, then get a seven weight

If you are getting